Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Hebrews 12: God Disciplines His Sons

Today, I read Hebrews 12. In this chapter, the topic changes to God's discipline. Yes, this is also the verse with Hebrews 12:1.

Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin taht so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. Hebrews 12:1

You may also notice a connection... and Eugene loves you if you do =D

Since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us run... let us run with perseverance the race marked out. For those who are to come... for those who are to come... every generation, every nation... -For Those Who Are To Come by Hillsong United

GO HILLSONG!

Okay, anyways... I like Hebrews 12:1, as it helps me to realized the sin in my life is like a weight dragging me down in the race I am running. I need to get rid of the weight so I can actually run.

About discipline, this chapter says that God disciplines us as a father disciplines a child, and it is for our good. He does it because He loves us... and we should not take God's discipline too lightly. It will come, and it will hurt.

Since our earthly fathers discipline us and we respect them, how much more should we respect our God? Strengthen yourself, run with perseverance. A warning follows: do not refuse God, You can not escape Him and His wrath. He is an all consuming fire.

I like this chapter a lot, it tells me a lot about what I should be doing in my life.
Okay, I have to eat dinner. BYE!

No comments:

Post a Comment